Artist stitches unique works of art
Fiber artist Lea McComas will bring her artwork to the Laramie County Community College campus for an exhibit in the Esther and John Clay Fine Arts Gallery.
The Lea McComas art series presentation will begin at 7 p.m. on Sept. 19 in the Science Center building, room 121, and will be directly followed by the opening of her gallery show titled “A Stitch in Time: Moments Captured in Fabric and Thread” and a reception. The presentation, exhibit and reception are all free to the public and no reservations are needed. The gallery is open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday, from Sept. 19-Oct. 7.
- SGA deadline to file for election Sept. 23
- SGA elects members to office chairs
- Wingspan soars at nationals
- College tuition raises $6 per credits
- Course substitution procedure formalized
- Food pantry needs student help
- College adopts new Approved Absence Procedure
- SGA: Funds request held in closed session
- College hosts unique fabric artist
- Clay watercolor exhibit coming in June
- Photography workshop says cheese at College
- Speech contest still open to students
- College 'pops' up concert
- Theater instructor receives directing award
for fall play
Deadline to run for student government on Friday
The Student Government Association is looking for applicants to serve within the organization.
As of Tuesday’s meeting, SGA had received six applications for six positions that need to be filled. The elections will be held Sept. 30. The application process remains open until Friday, Sept. 23.