Posted at 1 p.m. April 11, 2017
Mixed results for rodeo
Men take fourth, women seventh at Eastern Wyoming College Rodeo
Denton Ward practices his saddlebronc riding at the LCCC Arena on March 29.
The Laramie County Community College rodeo team attended the Gillette College Rodeo from March 17-19.
LCCC men’s team placed third overall with a total of 445 points and the women’s team placed fourth overall with 170 points. LCCC’s Justin Dory placed second in saddle bronc riding; Chance Englebert placed third in bareback riding and fourth in bull riding; Tate Mathis placed fourth in tie-down roping and second in team-roping heeler; Jayden Johnson placed third in team roping heeler; Trey Rates placed sixth in team-roping heeler; Linzee Adamson placed first in barrel racing; and Jorry Lammers placed second in barrel racing.
Mathis and Englebert placed second and fourth in the men’s all-around cowboy with Mathis scoring 210 points and Englebert scoring 185 points.
On March 24-26, the rodeo team was in action in Torrington at the Eastern Wyoming College Rodeo. The men finished fourth while the women placed seventh. Junior Gage Greer won the steer wrestling event with an average of 9.7. On the women’s side Abbea Farris took third in the breakaway roping with an average of 5.9.
Other top performers were:
- Terrel Vineyard came in fourth in tie-down roping with an average 23.1
- Riley Simmons finished fourth in the saddle bronc with a long-go score of 51
- Linzee Adamson was fifth in the barrel racing with an average of 31.60
- Syerra Christensen came in seventh in the breakaway roping with an average of 102.2
- Vineyard took ninth in the steer wrestling with an average of 20.6
Up next for the Golden Eagles is the Colorado State University rodeo in Fort Collins, Colorado, on April 7-9. Results were not available at press time.